Let's have a pity party


OK here we are having a pity party and only one person showed up. That's me! Last week I painted my wishing well in front of my house, vacumed my ceilings and cleaned my garage. It took me all week.
As many people of my day,I have a big back problem and for me to get that work done is simply amazing. Even if I do say so myself.
I wanted to take before and after pic's but something is up with my camera so until I get it fixed no pic's. Poor me boo-hoo. Today I am going to try real hard to paint my ceilings. I will start in the front bedroom. Even if I don't get them done straight away, I have all winter to do them. I just hope my paint stays good, If you know what I mean. After that I will attempt to paint the walls and put up a border.
Why you ask am I doing all this myself? Well because I am one of those people that "back seat drive's" and it causes a lot of arguing. I hate to argue. Anyway I will dictate to them how I think they should paint it and if a spot gets on the rug, have a sissy fit. So I am better off to get on with it myself, besides when it is done think of the joy I will feel knowing I did it. Who cares if I am at it all winter.
My husband Ed died 10 years ago, I am telling you this because he would never let me paint. He always would tell me " I got this mom, you go do something else", Then one day I heard him tell his buddy 'she (meaning me) was the worst painter he has ever met. But he doesn't want to hurt my feelings because I am so good at the rest of the stuff".I take it to mean cooking, cleaning , mothering and working everyday.
Ed was a good man . I would come home after working overtime and the wash would be clean and folded, the house would be clean and dinner would be on the table. I told him I would never marry again for two reasons: 1, They don't make men like him often and 2, because It would be to hard to train someone else to be like him. Not that I ever could. I guess I am writing this because he has been gone 10 years the 26th of August and he is on my mind more today. Although it is September 1st. Maybe because I am painting and it reminded me of him. But no matter what the reason the ceilings must get done. Now you know why the pity party. So I am off to do them. I will try to get the camera fixed so I can take pic's and Ed if you are listening, I LOVE YOU and Pray for you all the time. bye bye everybody wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya mom,
What a nice post. Take your time and you will get there, with the ceilings I mean. I miss dad too. I wish he was still there for you. Talk to you later!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

You just keep on paint'n no matter how long it takes you(You can Do it).
I don't think we ever stop missing or thinking of the people we love and that's o.k, because our hearts are big enough to hold everyone dear to us.
take care now,
Elizabeth